Monday, January 21, 2013

Freeze Yer Buns Ride 2013

Sunday marked the January 2013 Freeze Yer Buns Ride for the Fort Worth HOG Chapter!  As most Texans will tell you, "You never know what the weather will do in Texas"!  And that is not a mis-statement!  When we should be bundled up with frozen fingers and icy breath, Texas threw its sudden surprise giving us a beautiful riding day in the high 60's.  The ride was planned with freezing or near freezing tempuratures in mind and was kept short for that reason.  Wind chills can tear you down pretty quickly so the ride was only a couple hours today.  Winter landscapes without greenery (or snow) was the focus of the local ride.  We had about 40 bikes on this one and I would presume that was due to the great weather.  No complaints from anyone though. 

I took both my camera and GoPro video cam to take footage with.  Being the second time using the video cam I came into a new obstacle that was unforseen.  Usually I'll snap pics like a madman and choose the ones that I think will best reflect the ride for that day.  This time I took video footage and did not take pictures.  I couldnt figure out an effective way to juggle taking both pictures and video.  For future events I've gotta figure out the most efficient way to do both and stay focused on capturing footage, not focused on equipment. I created this one in full 1080p HD so you can click the little gear thingy on the bottom of the video and select the higher quality for a clean video.

Freeze Yer Buns Ride 2013


After the ride the weather had warmed up so nice that Jim and Pat wanted to keep riding.  They asked me if I wanted to go with them to Hico, TX and get some homemade pie at the Koffee Kup.  The ride is right at 150 miles round trip and would make a superb afternoon cruise.  Pat insisted that I call Margaret and see if she wanted to come, which she did, so we stopped by the house to pick her up.  We had a great time, great ride, great frienship, and great pie!  While in Hico we stopped at a "Billy" statue and snapped a couple pictures.  I think it is supposed to represent Billy the Kid but the plaque only reads "Billy". It was disheartening when the ride came to an end and we parted ways to go home after such a wonderful day.



1 comment: