Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chapter Meeting February 2013

This months chapter meeting was the coldest of the year.  Margaret chose to go with me and we bundled up and hit the road.  The tempurature was 51 degrees when we left the house with a very strong northern wind.  It didnt take long for the cool air to chill us both.

Upon arrival at the meetup at the dealership we were greeted by Don who smiled and said, "by the way, the ride portion of the chapter meeting was cancelled".  Thats what we get for not calling the ride line before departing.  It didnt matter though, 26 other riders came in on their bikes so it ended up to be a decent turnout. So we mounted up and rode parade style to Billy Bobs and had a great ride to the meeting!  It was cold but riding with everyone else made the ride enjoyable.

At Billy Bobs we had snacks, raffle tickets, and 50/50 drawings.  We also heard from various officers topics related to their position such as Safety Officer, Membership, etc.  This meeting however included games!  After conclusion there was Bingo and a Pool tournament.  I participated in the pool tournament and was quickly shut out during the first round.  I didnt do so well and failed to impress Margaret with my pitiful billiard attempt.  It was fun though and once again had a great time at the meeting.

I tried mounting my GoPro to the window on the fairing with a suction cup mount that came with the camera.  I was trying to get a different view than the last 2 videos but it didnt work out so well.  The window flexed more than I thought and as a result almost none of the video was usable.  It would be ok if you want to boggle your eyes or head up and down to keep up with the picture.  I was able to pull a couple short clips from the ride portion but, they are very short.  Then at Billy Bobs the memory card filled up so I had to finish out the media with pictures.  So I put the still shots at the end of the video this time.




1 comment:

  1. I found your blog when I was searching for help on doing an oil change. I'll comment on that post directly when I have time.

    It looks like you and your wife had fun! Nothing like having your wife (even as a passenger) as your riding buddy. My wife's ex left her at home more than he took her out riding; he has no idea what he was missing. Of course his loss was my gain. She now has a bike of her own but still hops on the back of mine when we want to go out for a quickie ride. Sometimes I think it is just because she want to press up against me but I'm not complaining ;)

    Keep on riding and enjoying the time with your wife. Life goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete