Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fort Worth HOG May 2013 Chapter Meeting

Time again for our chapter meeting to roll around the calendar.  It was a beautiful day from the start, perfect for a short ride from the dealership to Billy Bobs Honky Tonk.  63 bikes rode the parade line this month through the stockyards.  The usual raffles and 50/50 took place along with snippets of future line ups for chapter events. 

Margaret burned her leg on my tailpipe while getting off the bike upon arrival at Billy Bobs.  I told her not to wear loose clothes but she put on some bell bottom style pants with tennis shoes and got the pant leg stuck on the foot peg while getting off.  That pulled the pants up exposing bare skin and caused her leg to be pulled into the tail pipe.  While she sat on the curb waiting for me to render aid, I promptly grabbed the GoPro to get video clips.  Nothing I could do for her to be honest, I didn't have any first aid supplies.  Needless to say, she corrected my irresponsible behavior and informed me that I would never leave her wounded on the street again.  "Priorities", she cried!  She also fixed up a first aid kit for me which I now keep in the saddlebag. Yea, I was exiled to the dog house for a couple days for this mistake. :)

We left a bit early this time instead of staying through until the end.  The Patriot Guard riders had a mission that I wanted to attend.  So after leaving I dropped Margaret off at the house and Jim and I went to Laurel Land Cemetery where we stood the flag line out of respect for another of our fallen veterans.

After the last couple long posts this one is pretty short and to the point.  To be honest, there just isn't much to say every month in regards to our chapter meetings.  Except that Pat has the voodoo or something on the prize money for our mileage drawings.  This is her second month in a row to win!  Hehe, Congrats Pat!

Fort Worth HOG May 2013 Chapter Meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment