Monday, February 3, 2014

How to Change The Oil On a Harley Davidson Street Glide

I've done this post in the past but it was done over the course of 2 weeks and it only had pictures. This time we made a video of the process which is much better and easier to follow. I had wanted to do something like this before but just never got around to it. We made 2 videos, one for my Street Glide and the other for Margaret's Softail Deluxe which I will post in a couple weeks. Since I broke down the savings involved in servicing your own bike in the last oil change post it wont be covered in this one. Here is the link if you want details into the savings by doing this yourself.

Previous post with cost breakdown and pictures: Oil Change on a Street Glide

Its kind of a long video but well worth the watch for the savings and piece of mind you will get by doing it yourself. The video covers how to change the oil for all 3 holes: Crank case, Transmission, and Primary.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

How to Change The Oil On a Harley Davidson Street Glide





2 comments:

  1. I just watched the video on oil change and it told n
    me exactly what I needed to know, where the plugs were and how much oil in the primary. Due to fines and jail time that the post office threatens us with, maybe you should edit out the part about where you get your cardboard though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the videos. I'm new to cycles and a prefer to DIY as much as possible so these are great. The trans dipstick comes out very easy with a 3/8 hex and a swivel socket adapter. Allen requires too much zen for me. :)

    ReplyDelete